Hiring a roofing contractor can be difficult when you’re unsure what makes for a quality company or service. You’ll want a knowledgeable contractor that has positive reviews and holds the right qualifications and requirements for your state. However, you have to do some research and ask plenty of questions to figure out if the candidate meets these expectations.
Below, we’ll discuss how to choose the right Simi Valley roofing company or contractor.
Qualifications of a Roofing Contractor
Every state has specific qualifications that contractors must meet and abide by. There are many roofers in Simi Valley to choose from, so be sure to check California’s directory before hiring someone.
The best Simi Valley roofers will be:
- Able to provide references
- Willing to offer a quote/estimate after inspection
- Bond accessible, meaning the company has money set aside if a customer files a claim against them.
Services of Quality Roofers
One of the worst-case scenarios is hiring a company that either doesn’t offer or can’t provide all the services you need. Services will vary between each provider, so be sure to ask roofers in Simi Valley you are considering if they offer all the services specific to your project. Don’t ever assume that every company performs the same services.
Here are some of the most popular services you might need:
- Roof inspections
- Maintenance or repairs
- Insulting or ventilating
- Cleaning such as removing mildew, mold, and stains via pressure washing
- Maintaining roofs by sealing, painting, or treating wood
- Gutter cleaning and installations
If you need a project taken care of that’s not a traditional roof inspection, installation, or repair, make sure that your company offers other comprehensive services and even bundled packages.
Hiring a Contractor vs. Roofing Company
Once you know the specifics of your project and you’ve narrowed down the companies or contractors that offer the services you need, it’s time to decide on an independent contractor or a roofing company.
The main difference is that independent contractors might specialize in a particular style and offer less expensive services, but not always. Every contractor is different. Independent contractors might take longer to complete a project, but you will have more one-on-one communication with a single person rather than a company.
Roofing companies might complete your project quicker, and they are more likely to be covered by warranties. While you might not be in contact with the same person throughout your project, a company is more likely to oversee several duties at one time and have more materials if that’s a major concern.
Regardless if you prefer an independent contractor or a Simi Valley roofing company, It’s more important to compare prices and read reviews of each candidate.
10 Questions You Should Ask a Roofer
If you’re having work done on your home, it’s so important to interview before you hire. However, not everyone knows which questions to ask a roofer in Simi Valley for the best match.
Here are 10 questions to ask in the consultation:
- Does the contractor or company have a current license for your area?
- Do they install the type of roof that you need?
- Can they provide you with at least two or three references?
- Do they have insurance?
- Do they offer free on-site inspections?
- Will they provide a quote or a written estimate before work begins?
- Do they work with homeowner’s insurance to file claims?
- Is there a disposal charge to remove old roofing materials?
- What is the billing policy? Do they offer financing options?
- Are they covered by manufacturer warranty?
Choosing Your Roofing Contractor
Whether you need general maintenance or roof repair in Simi Valley, you want a roofing service that’s experienced, licensed, and conscientious of your budget.
We recommend comparing several different contractors and roofing companies in Simi Valley when it comes to pricing, services, and customer service. And don’t be afraid to ask questions.